Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Lion in Winter

Recently I got to see The Lion in Winter from 1968, directed by Anthony Harvey.   I actually like this film a lot even though it is an older british historical movie. But the thing that really impressed me was that it was like any other family drama that we would see today but in a british castle, historical setting.  Katherine Hepburn and Peter O'toole were both so good in this movie, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen when they were talking it reminded me of Game of Thrones when Tywin Lannister and Olena the Queen of Roses were on screen together; two great actors playing off each other. Anyways during the movie, I liked the costumes of the characters and how each son was a play off of their father, you knew exactly which son was which just by the way they acted and their costumes.  

Here's the drawing just from watching the movie:


Here's a family scene:


No comments:

Post a Comment